- Peak Performance
- Disability Awareness
- Team Building
- Embracing Diversity
- Overcoming Adversity
Rich Ruffalo is a dynamic motivational speaker, author, educator, and internationally recognized athlete that inspires a wide range of audiences everywhere, from children to adults and students to business gurus. Ruffalo is a true role model for all ages. Available for Staff Development, Conferences, Keynotes.
Rich Ruffalo is a dynamic motivator, author, educator, and
internationally recognized athlete that inspires a wide range of
audiences everywhere, from children to adults and students to
business gurus. Ruffalo is a true role model for all ages.
At age 32, Ruffalo lost his eyesight but never lost his
“vision.” At the Walt Disney Company/McDonald’s American
Teacher Awards, Ruffalo was named both the Outstanding
Coach of the Year and the Outstanding Teacher of the Year of
1995. Vice President Al Gore presented the award to him on
Ruffalo continues motivating every audience to a high level
of inspiration while speaking to Fortune 500 companies,
schools, and conventions. In 1994 he was selected as one of
five educators from the United States to be inducted into the
National Teachers Hall of Fame.
In addition, Ruffalo has won numerous honors and awards
for his athletic ability. He is the winner of four different world
titles in shot put, discus, javelin, and powerlifting. He has
earned 14 international gold medals, won 32 national titles, set
9 world and 15 national records, and has won 13 USA Track
and Field Master’s State Titles against sighted competitors.
In 1988, the United States Olympic Committee named
Ruffalo as the Disabled Athlete of the Year for athletic, civic,
and professional accomplishments. He is a three-time winner
of the coveted Governor’s Cup Award and winner of the Victor
Award, the Academy Award of Sports, as the nation’s most
inspirational athlete of 1989. In 1994, he was also inducted into
the National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame.
Ruffalo was named one of the ten Healthy American Fitness
Leaders by the U.S. Junior Chamber of Commerce, as well as
one of America’s “ Hometown Heroes” on the Children’s
Miracle Network Telethon. In addition, Ruffalo received an
honorary doctorate for his life’s work and was named “New
Jersey’s Teacher of the Year.” In September of 1998, he was
presented the Always Kids Hometown Heroes “Salute to
Excellence Award” presented on TNT by the Quaker Oats
Company as a role model for kids across the country.
Rich Ruffalo is an inspiration and a motivator for everyone.
- The Seven P’s To Positively Enhance Performance- (Based on Rich’s book by the same name)The 7P’s are the seven major components for achieving success. This program provides the mirror for audiences to look inside themselves through Rich’s life journey. Each “P” from every chapter may help them find the change to help weather the storms of life and find their personal finish lines whether in sports, business or life
- Tools For Success In Sales and Business –Rich shows the way to build bridges and relationships and how to connect with clients and colleagues by tapping your limitless potential and turning goals into expectations with tips that can be implemeneted to increase your sales, closures and your bottom line.
- Tools For Success In Education And In The Classroom-Rich gives tips on how to maximize your academic potential to help you reach your personal finish line to become a life long learner and a life long earner.
- Discovering The Champion Within-Through personal vignettes the audience will see themselves through Rich’s presentation and how the ingredients for being a champion and winner in life may be realized.
- Turning Obstacles Into Opportunities-Challenges make champions and a champion under pressure, like coal, can become a diamond. Rich shares through his journey how your human potential is like buried treasure. It may rise to the surface with courage and it may be salvaged through faith and hard work.
“Light the hearts of others”, you said at our Kick-Off meeting earlier today. Talk about practicing what you preach! Rich, you truly lit the hearts of everyone in attendance at American Express Financial Advisors North Market Group meeting and every attendee is a little bit better today than they were yesterday thanks to your inspirational message. I am truly grateful that our paths crossed and that you were able to share your uplifting attitude and wisdom with our group. You may not have seen, but you came and conquered! While I certainly agree with your concept of selective amnesia, there is one thing that myself and all of the others in attendance won’t ever forget…you! Thanks so much for being great.-Terence P. Reilly, Marketing Manager, American Express Financial Advisors
As you know, this group has seen a number of motivational speakers through the years, and in my six years with Anheuser-Busch, I have never seen a group so moved by a speech. People are still talking about your message, and our conference evaluations have Rich Ruffalo ranked as the seminar highlight.-Mike Kochniarczyk, Regional Marketing Coordinator, Anheuser Busch
Thank you for speaking at the IBM Worldwide Education Forum in Atlanta. Your remarks on how to discover the hidden champion in each of us was truly an inspiration. Your determination and energy to keep pursuing your dreams was a great mesage for my team to hear.-Anne-Lee Verville, General Manager, IBM
Your presentation to my group was nothing short of fabulous! Many of our team members made positive statements regarding your comments and some even told me they are now more convinced than ever they can accomplish their goals in life. Working with you was certainly a pleasure. Because you took the time to discover pertinent information about Merck, your tailored presentation, peppered with great humor, served to inspire all attendees. Best wishes for success. I know you’ll continue to motivate everyone fortunate enough to cross your path.-Jo C. Jerman, Vice President, Merck & Co.
On behalf of The Walt Disney Company, it is my pleasure to congratulate you on your selection as one of the 60 teachers to be recognized in “The Disney Channel Salutes The American Teacher” in 1995 and 1996. The Disney Channelcreated this weekly series of televised profiles to honor outstanding individual achievement in the teaching profession. You were selected by an educational steering committee comprised of such organizations as the National Education Association and The American Federation of Teachers and the National PTA,.
John Cooke, Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs, The Walt Disney Company