- “Surviving and Thriving the Waves of Change” – topic: change management – adapting to change(s)
- “The Power in Adversity”- topics: overcoming adversity, crisis management
- “Creating the Ideal Work/Life Balance” – topic: work/life balance
- “Disabilities and Unlimited Possibilities” – topic: disability awareness and sensitivity
- “Becoming a Courageous Leader” – topics: leadership, communication
Scott suffered a rare stroke in his spinal cord at the age of 15 which left him paralyzed from the waist down. He has spent his life helping make a positive difference in the lives of others. Scott has made two world tours, visiting over 30 countries and speaking to over a million people around the globe and continues to receive standing ovations from his audiences.
Scott Chesney, a two-time world traveler and a navigator of life with paralysis for 30 years, has presented to over one million people in 38 countries.
After awakening to paralysis at the age of 15 from a sudden spinal stroke, Scott has amassed a resume of transformational experiences, powerful insights, and inspiring stories that cut to the core of the human spirit. He has become a nationally and internationally recognized workshop and keynote presenter, and his positive and inspiring messages have changed countless lives. His insights have been coveted and applauded by Fortune 500 corporations, hospitals/rehab centers, associations, audiences at The United Nations, The Pentagon and the FBI, colleges and universities, and K-12 schools.
Realizing that his audience members wanted more individual guidance after his presentations, Scott became a professional Life Coach in which he combines transformational techniques and strategies that he learned from his world travels and continues to practice himself today to help people create personalized blueprints for navigating life happily and successfully. As a person who skydives, walks on hot coals on his hands, para-sails, and continues to engage in many other adventures around the world, Scott prides himself of living life to its fullest and encourages and trains audiences and clients to do the same.
Most recently, Scott became the Spokesman for Rowheels, to help promote a revolutionary wheel for wheelchairs that is a game-changer for people with disabilities. In addition, Scott became President of Raise Hope Foundation in 2011 that trains, mentors, and places people with disabilities and veterans for competitive careers. He is also an Ambassador for the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation, an Ambassador for Kessler Foundation, a member of the Seton Hall University Leadership Advisory Council, and a member of the Board of Trustees for The Knowles Foundation. He has also served on the Board of Trustees for Children’s Specialized Hospital. Scott graduated from Seton Hall University in 1992 with a B.A. degree in Communications.
Scott is married, has two children, and resides in New Jersey.
Most Requested Topics & Talks
Keynote: Surviving & Thriving the Waves of Change
The dynamics of our world are changing faster than the speed of light – and the velocity, complexity and unpredictability of this change is almost staggering, particularly in this very difficult business climate. Now and in the future, success will require a true mind shift for every individual and organization. BUT, change is inherently unsettling for almost everyone — and it is threatening on several different levels. This dynamic presentation will address:
• The elements of change that never change
• Overcoming the toughest kinds of resistance
• Embracing change with enthusiasm, humility and humor
• Leading the change process with influence and impact
• Harnessing change as an opportunity for both business and personal transformation
Keynote: The Power in Adversity
Let’s face it; life isn’t easy today for anyone. Everyone faces adversity at some point in their lives. When it happens, you can become overwhelmed by it, and even get angry. Or, you can put your problems in perspective and view them merely as obstacles and challenges to rise above. After this life-altering presentation, you’ll be able to:
• End the blame game for yourself and others
• Take personal responsibility for your life and career success
• Overcome obstacles from the outside world and internal, self-imposed limitations
• Tap into your achievement mindset of attitude, persistence and resilience
• Reframe “failures” as fuel for useful feedback, innovation and growth
Keynote: Becoming a Courageous Leader
The human destiny of an individual is lined with personal growth and self-awareness. This journey connects us with many opportunities to emerge as traditional leaders, both professional and personal. However, as life moves at a faster pace than ever before, busier than every before, and what appears to be a more complex world than ever before, it is vital that a new type of leader evolves…a Courageous Leader. Each and every one of us has the ability and the potential to awaken the Courageous Leader within us and with Scott as your tour guide during this highly engaging and content-rich program, you will be able to:
• Master the “Art of Presence” while leveraging the past and preparing for the future.
• Identify and release your excuses for avoiding leadership opportunities in the past.
• Model the behavior and tactics of other Courageous Leaders around you and in this world.
• Unleash greater levels of communication, collaboration, teamwork, and creativity towards bigger goals and bigger results.
• Deepen and strengthen existing relationships and create new and empowering relationships.
Keynote or Workshop: Demystifying “The Balanced Life”
The human destiny of an individual is growth and self-awareness. Since life is a journey through childhood, adolescence, maturity and old age, our lives will inherently deliver more meaning if we understand ourselves at a deeper level.
When we work to discover who we are and who we are not – and where we are at any given moment in time – then we begin to become the person we are meant to be. Our lives have balance and perspective.
After this content-rich program, you will be able to:
- Develop your own personal blueprint for a more meaningful, rewarding and successful life at home and work
- Master the “Art of Presence” to live and work fully in the moment
- Achieve more meaning in your life by deepening the relationships you already have as well as developing new ones
- Unleash greater levels of communication, collaboration, and creativity towards bigger goals and bigger results
- Take personal responsibility for your life to achieve the outcomes you desire
“Thank you for making our Management Development Meeting a complete success. Your presentation to our Divisional team was the perfect conclusion to the three-day event as was indicated by the standing ovation you received. Not only did you motivate and inspire the entire audience to go beyond their fears to take their professional and personal lives to the next level, but you helped us bridge the gap between where we are in our lives and where we want to be. If any corporation is seeking the ideal speaker for their conference or meeting, they need not look any further than you, Scott. Thanks again and we look forward to working with you again soon!” – Divisional President, AXA Financial
“Thank you for your well organized and inspirational seminar. Your inspirational message of “Leveraging Change through Leadership” was so well-received, thought-provoking, and a motivational force for them. We received many inquiries and thanks based on your presentation, which is a further testament to the impact of your message. Thank you for your courage, your strength, and your life of high purpose and integrity.” – Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
“What a powerful impact your presentation had at our annual All Employee meeting earlier this month. Many of the 500+ employees attending have gone out of their way to tell me how inspiring they found your talk. Our Senior Leadership Team was especially pleased with the extra dimension that you brought to the program. Your story and uplifting message was a very relevant complement to the more numbers-oriented messages of the meeting. Such gatherings are intended to motivateemployees and you certainly more thandelivered.” – Vice President, The Avis-Budget Group
“I have never been around a speaker who had such an impact on an audience, an impact that could still be seen long after he had left the auditorium. Scott has a way of capturing people in his own high-level of motivation, a way of making them quite sure that any problem they have can be defeated. His passion, excitement, and joy of life are visible in all he does and says. Do your organization a favor, expose them to the best life has to offer, introduce them to Scott yourself.” — Ben Mottesheard, Vice-President, The Perrier Group
“Communicators of a certain caliber generate success, accomplish significant impact and possess extraordinary personal skill. They leave you moved, refreshed, and energized. One such speaker is Scott Chesney. He combines charm, wit, and strength and depth of character to reach his target audience. His heartfelt words strike at your very soul, moving you to focus on your highest goals.” — Bill Raftery, President, WJ Raftery Associates & CBS & ESPN Broadcaster